Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fashion Friday: The September Issue Launch


I was recently invited to the launch of The September Issue in Hyde Park. This story actually starts with me attending the unveiling of Mam' Bertha Gxowa's statue (with my good friend Uyanda), in honour of her role in the struggle for freedom. It's heart warming to see so many of our history's icons claiming their spot in our history books- but that is another post for another day. 

The point of that little tangent was my intention to go straight from one event to another. The only thing that stopped me was the tiny issue of the launch's dress code ('Spring' when I was in 'All Black Errything'). I managed to put together something I hope was decent, and arrived just in time for the speeches. This being a fashion write-up, allow me to show you what Jozi's finest are rocking this spring.
These ladies know a Spring dress code when they see one.

One of my favourite faces, Chianosky. She says she pulled this blue number out of her closet. Nje.

Craig Jacobs of Fundudzi

Taryn Louch is wearing a Nicci Boutique skirt, Zara top and handbag, and Christian Louboutin heels. Krishen Samuels is in a Zadig &Voltaire blazer, Gucci accessories and a Zara top.

Stunning songstress Leanne Dlamini in River Island

Supermodel Lerato Moloi in Country Road

Sultry actress Jay Anstey in Jenni Button

Peter, Peta, Phat Joe and Joe's friend

Tsholo Malema in a Style Alert top, Lamanche skirt, Zara blazer and Sass Diva accessories.

My favourite accessory of the night was this neckpiece from Sass Diva.

The 'photographer' who snatched my camera from my photographer insisted on this pose. 

Roxy Burger in Miss Boss Couture

RGB comrades Sydney Lerutla and Mashayabhuqe Ka Mamba

Jen Bala in Fate

Slie in Kisua

Penny Lebyane in Thula Sindi

Mokgadi Seabi in a hot little black number

Sinazo Yolwa and Zebra Square mastermind, Jill Grogor

The Real Goboza

The stunning Sarit Tomlinson with Simphiwe Majola. Sim is decked out in Burberry and A Touch of Bling.
Thank you to Zebra Square for the invitation, and Slie for squeezing my RSVP in at the 11th hour. I will be back again soon with my LFW adventures.

Love,
Sinni

Photography: Monica Yolwa

No comments:

Post a Comment